Gingival surgery (periodontal bags)
In a more advanced state of the disease it is possible that deep shoulder pockets or deformities of the gum persist after the initial periodontal treatment. In these cases, the remaining pockets should be eliminated with surgery to avoid reinfection and progression of periodontal disease. This treatment also eliminates bacteria at the deep end of the pockets in order to stop the disease progression and improve prognosis.
Whenever the technique allows it, micro-surgery and / or minimally invasive surgery is carried out in order to maximize aesthetics and reduce the postoperative inconveniences. In addition, any of these techniques can be done under sedation if the patients request it.
There are also other treatments that may be necessary in relation to the nature of the periodontal problem: bone regeneration techniques, crown lengthening, tissue grafts in localized gum recessions and implant placement to replace very damaged or absent teeth.
Our Surgical Techniques:
1. Surgery for debridement and elimination of residual pockets.
2. Periodontal plastic surgery for the correction of gingival defects: grafts to increase the gum and cover the roots in the open (gum autotransplant, mucograft®, alloderm® ...),
3. Correction of asymmetries and gingival smile, correction of gingival staining.
Correction of bone defects with bone regeneration techniques (bone grafts, membranes, emdogain®…) or osteotomy and osteoplasty
4. Pre prosthetic surgery with crown lengthening, asymmetry and gingival smile.correction.
5. Minimally invasive extraction with bone crest preservation to prevent atrophy and to be able to place immediate or delayed implants.
6. Extraction of impacted or included teeth, as well as wisdom teeth.
7. Surgery for implant placement, ridge enlargement, sinus augmentation, immediate implants, ...
Whenever the technique allows it, micro-surgery and / or minimally invasive surgery is carried out in order to maximize aesthetics and reduce the postoperative complications. In addition, any of these techniques can be done under sedation.